Monday, November 17, 2008

"mom's" work is hard stuff!

As I write this ZC is in the living room, right off the office and she is supposed to be picking up the jar of pennies she unloaded on the floor. This has been an ongoing saga for 3 days. I refuse to pick them up, let her watch tv or even eat breakfast this morning before they are returned to their home. It is a battle of the wills and i feel like giving up. For 3 days she has said ... "I am so tired mommy, i will pick them up in the morning" "I promise I will pick them up when we get home" "Mommy, I am just a little girl i cant pick them all up"

GRRRRR! She is sooooo strong willed!

You know though just makes me think about how I behave and have become rebelious in my life, telling God "well, I know what you want me to do, I don't have time now, I will get to it later, I will do it when I feel like it, on my own terms." I am so grateful that He doesnt ever give me what I really deserve, yes I have been disciplined in my life but seriously I have never gotten what I deserve to get.

Parenting is tough stuff!

4 comments:

Miranda said...

You got that right. Stand to your guns guns girl...I will think about you the next time I am ready to cave...It is hard to stand strong but you are doing a great job. She will thank you later in life for this.

Kudos to ya!!

nomo wino daph said...

I am sure by now Miss ZC has picked them up or is starving:) lol

You're such a great mom SB. I need to learn to stick my guns more....:)
I always cave!!! lol

Anonymous said...

So I'm curious of she picked up the pennies yet? I don't cave....ever!
Yes, it is harder to do as we know God wants, when we don't feel like it. The consequences of not complying aren't quite as immediate as child's (should be), or was for us as a child. As an adult, sometimes we choose not to knowldge that we do INDEED have SOMEONE to answer to. ; ) But we hear His voice...and know right from wrong, just as were were taught when we were young. Through expectations, and consequences, of course. So keep up the great work teaching your kids just that!

Sara Beth said...

HAHA ... That DEAR SWEET little girl did FINALLY pick up those pennies an HOUR later after I let her know in NO UNCERTAIN terms that I was NOT CAVING.

I felt like I was going out of my mind. We had scheduled some volunteer work at the school for exceptional children and she made us so late, but I just could not let her get away with it one more second!

Anyway, thanks for the comps guys. It makes a girl feel good but you honestly may feel differently if you saw us all in action ... hehe!

much love to you all!
sb