Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Giving Thanks post#16



Today I am giving thanks for MODERN DAY CONVENIENCES. I love the thought of being a pioneer woman ... I know crazy, but the whole making your own bread and churning your own butter really appeals to me, in thought that is :) Never mind the fear of something terrible happening to one of my children and no modern hospital to rely on. I love the IDEA of traveling by wagon train and staking claim on some land cultivating it, building our home and raising a family ... yadda, yadda, yadda ..... You will notice .... I love the IDEA of it all but not more than I love my bread machine, my butter from the grocery store and my stove on which to cook. I love the heater that warms my cold bones and the shower that i take each morning. Gotta love fresh running water. So today i am giving thanks for all those MODERN DAY CONVENIENCES which make my necessary, day to day chores easier!

Have you hugged your washing machine today?!

Peace and Blessings to you all
sb

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL...I laughed about hugging the washing machine. I am sure I would, if I had to wash clothes on a scrub board even ONCE!. I know what you mean. I LOVE the simplicity of the days of 'Little House'. Almost everything about those days appeals to me. But I know im my heart I would not make a good pioneer woman. I wouldn't want to work THAT hard. So I'm with you, giving thanks, and a big AMEN for all we are blessed to have these days. (Although some of the modern days conveniences are a little much, like key pads to open window shades, etc., or do anything else in the house without going over there.) I like living simply as possible, and yet sensibly. Let's face it; washing machines are just time savers!

Jennifer P. said...

You will never, ever be miserable with so much gratitude in your heart for simple things!

Thank you so much for your sweet comment. It means a lot coming from someone who's been there.

All the best to you!

nomo wino daph said...

Amen Sister!!

Although I would like to try to bake some bread! Does Amish Friendship bread count? haha