Friday, November 7, 2008

Giving Thanks Post #7

Today I am thankful for the rain. As I write this it is raining outside which has caused me to ponder ... (dangerous) Rain is often equaited with sorrow.There is no denying that it is an inconvenience and sometimes uncomfortable (especially in the winter months when it rains and you get wet which is undoubtedly followed by being cold) however, in the old testement God ofen made the skys open and the rain fall as a blessing to those who were obedient to him. Throughout the Old Testement I found several verses where God spoke through His prophets, telling the people to listen,to obey or He would close up the skys and rain would no longer fall, and crops would no longer grow. Even in the ot times He was trying to teach them what James writes in James 1: 2-4 "2Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. 4Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. "

RAIN, SORROW, TRIALS, ETC... THOSE THINGS ARE PRODUCTIVE - PHYSICALLY AND SPIRITUALLY. THEY ARE USEFUL TO PRODUCE FAITH, PERSEVERANCE, AND MATURITY. ALL THESE THINGS WE NEED TO BE USEFUL TO GOD! ALL THESE THINGS WHICH ARE BEAUTIFUL TO SEE IN A PERSON.

SO TODAY I AM THANKFUL FOR THE RAIN!
(Hey,will you all remind me of this post next time a trial hits ;)

1 comments:

nomo wino daph said...

I just LOVE rain.....He sent some my way too:)

Thanks for sharing that...I have never read that about rain before!