Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Giving Thanks post #4

Today i am thankful for my son - E man THE man! As we like to say in the south ... Bless His little heart! He lives in a house full of girls. that means tons of Estrogen, moodiness, indecisiveness and yes sometimes they even gang up on him to make him watch chick flicks. Ethan was the first boy born to my family in 25 years... my brother was ecstatic when we learned he was a boy!

When I found out i was pg with E I was in the process of transferring schools (I went back to school at the age of 26) I attended 1 year at our local junior collage and decided it was time to transfer from a 2 year to a 4 year university and I had big big plans. I was already a single parent to Miss M and I was just coming out of a relationship I had no business being in in the first place and well the news that a baby was growing inside of me made me more than a bit nervous. I tweaked my plans just a bit, transferred to a different university and made the absolute best of it that I could. Life for E has not been easy. He has grown up without a father in our home to show him the ropes and stick up for him when he needs someone on his side. But the one thing that I do know is that He is one of the very best things that has happened to this family. He is smart and caring, sensitive and loving. He is funny, always trying to make me laugh and is more like me than I care to admit sometimes ;)

This is his first year homeschooling with us. He is so smart it sometimes he scares me that I won't be able to keep up with him! He has been gifted with the ability to read things and remember them easily. He learns things easily and without much effort. I am so greaful
for the relationship between he and his younger sister. I am grateful for his humor, for his sensitivity .. for everything that makes him ... him!

3 comments:

Margie @ Smiles Forever Photo said...

HE will grow up to be a SMART and SUCESSFUL young man.. Because of the examples you show him daily!!

Keep on Learning Mr. E and this world will continue to be a BETTER place..

Hugs, M

Miranda said...

He sounds like a great kid. I know you are very proud of him. I don't have a little boy, but know that a relationship between a mother and a son can be a very sweet one.

Sara Beth said...

Thank you ladies!