Thursday, November 6, 2008

Giving Thanks Post #6


Today I am thankful for My Zoe Claire with curly hair and beautiful big brown eyes! Man I love that girl! ZC's arrival story is much different from my Miss M and E man! I was just finishing up my Masters Degree in Speech Language Pathology. I was just a days away from graduation. The day ZC came "home" she was 2.5 months old, and none of us had any idea how significant her "visit" would be. The kids and I were living with some good friends while I finished up my degree. I had secured a job and a new house and as I said graduation was just a few days away. I had gone to the company's main location to go over the final job details and on the way home called my friend Susan to let her know I was finished. While we were talking I heard a baby cry int he background and when I asked who it was she gave me the story. Her first 2.5 months had been tough. Susan had agreed to help the family out until they could figure out what to do. Lot's of issues going on in the birth family's life and they were unable to care for her. I hung up the phone and cried the whole way home (1 hour) I told God over and over what dumb idea it was that there was no way I could have another child, there was just no way. Well, as you can guess God was right, I was wrong. All the doors flew wide open , God made it completely clear what His plan was and the red carpets laid out. ZC was created for our family and we were created for her. God is soooo amazing!
So today I am grateful for ZC and for her birthfamily who selflessly gave a piece of themselves up so that she could have the life she deserves. I am so blessed!

1 comments:

Miranda said...

What a cutie...ZC is blessed to have you for a mom. God bless.