Saturday, November 15, 2008

Giving Thanks Post #13

Today I am thankful for prayer! Anyone who knows me (in person or on the web) knows that generally my first response to trouble, illness, sadness, grief, etc... is to pray. Prayer is such a beautiful gift. It is at its best a conversation with God a give and take, honest conversation, a sharing of my heart, of my dreams of my needs and a taking of His direction, His peace, His love. When I can get past my insessint need to talk and talk and talk for fear I might leave out just one part of my day, and just be in his presence I find rejuvenation for my often weary soul, I find healing - physical, emotional and spiritual, I find answers to questions, and so much more.

Angie over at "bring on the Rain' has come up with a wonderful idea. She has the most incredible blog. She and her family are experiencing the devastation of loosing a child. You can read her story in her blog but what is most memorable and truly inspirational is the grace she exhibits as she allows God to mold her and shape her while she walks through the aftermath of such a heart wrenching tragedy. I will be honest I did not think I would have much in common with her but oh my goodness I think her words speak to anyone who has experienced extreme disappointment and loss and continue to strive to live as God has called them to do.
Ok, back to her idea .... Praying for our/your children ... I know it is not a new idea but she has come up with a great "system" if you will of praying for them 7 times a day! So go check her out, you wont be disappointed! I promise. Just click on the link below!

0 comments: